Selling on elvinyl – everything you need to know
To sell (or buy) on elvinyl you need to join – this is free, quick and simple and can be done here.
What does it cost to sell on elvinyl?
1. It's free to list as many records as you like on elvinyl.
2. We charge 7.5% commission on the purchase price.* This is lower than many similar sites charge.
3. Commission is automatically deducted by PayPal at the point of sale, so there are no invoices.
How do I list a record on elvinyl?
1. First, find it in our library; if it isn’t there, simply follow the steps under ‘Contribute’ and add it to the Marketplace.
2. Add at least one photo of your record (we recommend more, up to a maximum of twelve).
3. Choose a grading for your record and add a description – please give as much detail as possible.
4. Add your price and postage costs (you can set postage costs on your ‘My elvinyl’ page, to save you having to enter them each time).
5. Review and submit.
Advice on taking photos
Please read these tips about how to make your photos as good as possible:
1. Please try to take photos against a white background.
2. If you’re using a phone, we find using the ‘square’ setting for labels and covers gets best results.
3. For gatefolds and other non-square images, please set your phone to either 4:3 or 16:9 ratio.
4. Some phones have a white cross in the centre of the viewfinder; when this turns yellow your image should be flat and in proportion.
* We do not charge commission on postage, although Paypal currently does not allow us to separate the postage cost from the full transaction amount. Until we can resolve this we will endeavour to refund sellers any commission we have been paid from postage. This will be done as soon as possible after any transaction.